Bulanglang Kapangpangan is a Filipino dish prepared with pork and/or seafood cooked in a broth together with taro, guava and other tropical vegetables.
- 1 kilo pork ribs (preferably soft bone sections), cut into sections
- 6 pcs red flesh guava, cut in half
- 500 g taro, cubed
- 1 bunch kangkong leaves, trimmed
- 12 pcs okra, trimmed
- 3 Asian eggplants, sliced
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- fish sauce
- In a pot place pork, guava, onions and tomatoes. Fill with water just enough cover everything. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the taro, season with fish sauce then continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the okra and eggplant continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add kangkong then continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Taste and check if you need to add more fish sauce. Turn heat off, place in serving platter then serve.
For optional ingredients just add bangus belly and prawns