Almondigas is a Filipino soup dish prepared with meatballs, flour vermicelli and sponge gourd cooked in chicken stock
- 150 g misua noodles
- 15–18 pcs pan fried pork and beef meatballs (recipe here)
- 1 patola, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a soup pot add oil then sauté garlic and onions
- Add the pork and beef meatballs, pour the chicken stock then bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes
- Add the patola continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the misua and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper turn off heat then serve.