Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry is a simple dish of thinly sliced cabbage and beef stir-fried and seasoned with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Using the highest heat your stove top can achieve heat your wok until it starts smoking.
- Add oil then swirl it across coating the whole wok. Let it smoke again using a very high heat.
- Add you beef, if you have a small wok or not very strong heat do this in batches.
- Stir fry beef until it forms a nice crust at the edges.
- Add the red onion, spring onion, garlic and ginger paste, stir fry for a minute.
- Add the cabbage then continue to stir fry in high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine together oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine, pour it into the wok and continue to stir fry for 2 more minutes. You might need to add some water hydrate your stir fry. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if needed.