Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry is a simple dish of thinly sliced cabbage and beef stir-fried and seasoned with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- 300 g rump or skirt steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/4 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks spring onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Using the highest heat your stove top can achieve heat your wok until it starts smoking.
- Add oil then swirl it across coating the whole wok. Let it smoke again using a very high heat.
- Add you beef, if you have a small wok or not very strong heat do this in batches.
- Stir fry beef until it forms a nice crust at the edges.
- Add the red onion, spring onion, garlic and ginger paste, stir fry for a minute.
- Add the cabbage then continue to stir fry in high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine together oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine, pour it into the wok and continue to stir fry for 2 more minutes. You might need to add some water hydrate your stir fry. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if needed.
Really enjoyed the flavours of this dish and how simple it was to make. I added by chance some sliced mushrooms, sweetcorn and peppers which also needed using up and it was delicious. Thank you