Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry
I think one of my most common vegetable leftovers is cabbage. Since these things are usually large and not enough mouths to feed at home, we always end up with half a cabbage every time we buy one. Before my pre-blogging days the leftover comes into waste but now, I try my best to find ways to use them and share it to everyone that might have the same scenario, today is one of those days hence I am sharing you this recipe a simple stir fry of thin strips of Cabbage and Beef seasoned with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Using the highest heat your stove top can achieve heat your wok until it starts smoking.
- Add oil then swirl it across coating the whole wok. Let it smoke again using a very high heat.
- Add you beef, if you have a small wok or not very strong heat do this in batches.
- Stir fry beef until it forms a nice crust at the edges.
- Add the red onion, spring onion, garlic and ginger paste, stir fry for a minute.
- Add the cabbage then continue to stir fry in high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine together oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine, pour it into the wok and continue to stir fry for 2 more minutes. You might need to add some water hydrate your stir fry. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if needed.