Oxtail Curry is a type of coconut milk-based curry prepared with beef oxtails slowly simmered in sauce and spices
- Generously season oxtails with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy pot add some ghee then brown oxtails on all sides, once browned remove oxtails then set aside.
- Add onions and sauté until they turn soft.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry leaves then sauté for a minute
- Add Madras curry paste, oxtails, beef stock and 1 can of coconut milk. Bring to a boil, cover your pot then simmer in low heat for 3 hours or until oxtails are tender. Check once in a while for liquid levels, if it starts to dry out add some water.
- Add potatoes and simmer again for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut milk, put heat on high then bring to a boil then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the sugar then season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.