Estofadong Pata is a Filipino dish of pork leg, trotters, banana blossoms, saba bananas stewed in sugar, soy sauce and vinegar mixture.
- 1 kg pork leg, cut into smaller sections
- 1 kg pork trotters, cut into smaller sections
- 4 pcs saba bananas, sliced
- 1 cup banana blossoms
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch, dissolved in ½ cup water
- fish sauce (adjust the amount according to your liking)
- 2 tsp peppercorn
- 3 pcs shallots, sliced
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- In a pot, brown garlic in oil.
- Add pork leg and trotters then brown on all sides.
- Now add all of the remaining ingredients, apart from the banana blossoms and plantain bananas.
- Bring to a boil and slowly simmer for 1½ to 2 hrs.
- Add the banana blossoms then simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Add the plantain bananas then simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Bring heat to high and reduce the remaining liquid to a thick consistency. Remove from pot then serve.