Top 43 Filipino Vegetable Recipes

The Coconut-nut is a giant nut

Dont believe me on that, coconut is not a nut, I just got this from a Smokey Mountain song popular during my time :)
Philippines is a tropical country and that means we have lots of coconuts which we widely use on our cuisine. This section features coconut uses as a sauce, soup or flavouring.

Lawot Lawot – The creamy version of dinengdeng

Porbidang Kangkong 1

Porbidang Kangkong – If the West has creamy spinach where have this but don’t be fooled by its looks this one is hot, I think that’s why this Filipino Vegetable Recipe got its name “Forbidden Kangkong”

Kulawong Talong – This dish is literally burnt to perfection

Ginataang (Kangkong, Sitaw, Kalabasa, Labong, Talong, Langka, Puso ng Saging) – If there is a ginisa version of the vegetables then there is also ginataan, where it is first sautéed then cooked in coconut cream.

Linubihang Munggo 1

Linubihang Munggo – If mung bean soup is not creamy enough for you then beef it up with coconut milk.

Contents

1. jane says:

wow.. its so delicious hoping for more dishes to come..

2. klop says:

hoping you can add the region/ area where these dishes originated :)

3. Janice says:

Great read! These are some fine choices of filipino recipes that I could try making at home during the quarantine.

4. Monica says:

Wonderful compendium. Grateful to be Pinoy and a lover of vegetables. This list will help me have better menu rotation at home. Thanks!

5. it’s really delicious thank you

6. botlda says:

Dear sir!/madam.
    Such a wonderful article which I liked best and I am very happy to read this article.

7. Dan says:

A common one in the province I’m at (Kalinga) is to have dried white beans from the garden (I guess it could be any dried bean), which is then crushed and roasted to be brown… and then boiled. It’s eaten with rice, naturally.

8. Jose P. Zafra III says:

Dear Raymund,

Thank you for the great job that you do in publishing online the “Top 43 Filipino Vegetable Ricepe”.

I would like to ask for a PDF copy of this so that I could print it and give it to our cook for his guidance. My email is jozaf3rd@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Jose P. Zafra III

9. This article is a great resource for anyone who wants to try Filipino vegetable dishes. The recipes are easy to follow and the pictures are tempting. I would recommend this article to anyone who wants to explore new and tasty vegetable-based recipes.