Top 43 Filipino Vegetable Recipes

Single vegetable wonder

Another section for single vegetables but this time cooked not just by gisa but with a much intricate and flavourful preparation. Like most vegetable dishes here most of the items on this list will contain some sort of protein.

Adobong Puso ng Saging 1

Adobo (Sitaw, Kangkong, Puso ng Saging) – Adobo is not just for pork or chicken, it does work well on vegetable as well.

Gising Gising

Gising Gising – if translated this is called “Wake Wake” and surely this dish will wake you up. Find out why.

Bas-Uy 2

Bas Uy – It’s like your ginisang sayote but this time with steroids, in soup with large pork and liver chunks and lemongrass

Laing – The most popular Bicolano vegetable dish, my mom’s specialty as well. You can do it the normal way or special.  This is one of the best Filipino Vegetable Recipes out there.

Poqui Poqui 1

Poqui Poqui – Funny name, great dish. Not what you think of but it’s made out of moist, warm, soft and mushy roasted eggplant, tomatoes, and eggs

Kilawing Puso ng Saging 2

Kilawing Puso ng Saging – Yes bananas have hearts and this one turned sour thanks to the cane vinegar.

Champinones al Ajillo (Garlic Mushrooms) 1

Champinones al Ajillo – It came from the Spanish and we fully embraced this mushroom dish

Apan Apan 1

Apan Apan – It is like adobong kangkong but topped with crispy fried pork.

Nilagang Okra at Inihaw na Talong 1

Nilagang Okra at Inihaw na Talong – A simple combination of two simple dishes of boiled okra and grilled eggplant

Contents

1. jane says:

wow.. its so delicious hoping for more dishes to come..

2. klop says:

hoping you can add the region/ area where these dishes originated :)

3. Janice says:

Great read! These are some fine choices of filipino recipes that I could try making at home during the quarantine.

4. Monica says:

Wonderful compendium. Grateful to be Pinoy and a lover of vegetables. This list will help me have better menu rotation at home. Thanks!

5. it’s really delicious thank you

6. botlda says:

Dear sir!/madam.
    Such a wonderful article which I liked best and I am very happy to read this article.

7. Dan says:

A common one in the province I’m at (Kalinga) is to have dried white beans from the garden (I guess it could be any dried bean), which is then crushed and roasted to be brown… and then boiled. It’s eaten with rice, naturally.

8. Jose P. Zafra III says:

Dear Raymund,

Thank you for the great job that you do in publishing online the “Top 43 Filipino Vegetable Ricepe”.

I would like to ask for a PDF copy of this so that I could print it and give it to our cook for his guidance. My email is jozaf3rd@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Jose P. Zafra III

9. This article is a great resource for anyone who wants to try Filipino vegetable dishes. The recipes are easy to follow and the pictures are tempting. I would recommend this article to anyone who wants to explore new and tasty vegetable-based recipes.