Top 43 Filipino Vegetable Recipes

Its all about the gisa

This section is for the simply sautéed and stir-fried single vegetable. Dishes here will start with a sauté of garlic and onion, sometimes ginger and tomato plus some fatty pork. Dishes here are quick and easy to prepare where it’s perfectly paired with grilled or fried fish.

Gisadong Sayote 1

Ginisang Sayote – I grew up with this so this takes the top spot, a vegetable close to my heart. #chayote

Guisadong Upo 1

Ginisang Upo – This Filipino Vegetable Recipe is almost similar procedure and taste to the one above but this time it’s using bottle gourd

Garbanzos con Patas de Cerdo 6

Ginisang Abistuelas – This one is good, just a bit of soy sauce, green beans and fatty pork is enough

Ginisang Repolyo 1

Ginisang Repolyo – Sautéed Cabbage is one of the most important here, at least for me as we always have leftover half cabbage that we don’t know what to do.

Ginisang Talong with Bagoong 1

Ginisang Talong – With a bit of bagoong this talong with shine

Guisadong Ampalaya

Ginisang Ampalaya – Trust me this dish is not bitter at all, it’s all about the technique

Guisadong Pechay (Sauteed Bok Choy) 1

Ginisang Pechay – One of my favourite here, with a bit of sauce it will really go well with chargrilled fish.

Stir Fried Bean Sprouts and Tofu (Guisadong Togue) 2

Ginisang Togue – Now this one is not just one vegetable, its three buts it works like a trinity where it works well as one. Main vegetable is bean sprout where it is assisted by carrots and green beans.

Garbanzos con Patas de Cerdo 7

Ginisang Bunga ng Malunggay – This was the hardest one to recreate from where I am as malunggay does not grow here but luckily, I found this Indian shop that sell them.

Ginisang Okra – Slimy with the help of some dilis it becomes pungent delicious!

Contents

1. jane says:

wow.. its so delicious hoping for more dishes to come..

2. klop says:

hoping you can add the region/ area where these dishes originated :)

3. Janice says:

Great read! These are some fine choices of filipino recipes that I could try making at home during the quarantine.

4. Monica says:

Wonderful compendium. Grateful to be Pinoy and a lover of vegetables. This list will help me have better menu rotation at home. Thanks!

5. it’s really delicious thank you

6. botlda says:

Dear sir!/madam.
    Such a wonderful article which I liked best and I am very happy to read this article.

7. Dan says:

A common one in the province I’m at (Kalinga) is to have dried white beans from the garden (I guess it could be any dried bean), which is then crushed and roasted to be brown… and then boiled. It’s eaten with rice, naturally.

8. Jose P. Zafra III says:

Dear Raymund,

Thank you for the great job that you do in publishing online the “Top 43 Filipino Vegetable Ricepe”.

I would like to ask for a PDF copy of this so that I could print it and give it to our cook for his guidance. My email is jozaf3rd@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Jose P. Zafra III

9. This article is a great resource for anyone who wants to try Filipino vegetable dishes. The recipes are easy to follow and the pictures are tempting. I would recommend this article to anyone who wants to explore new and tasty vegetable-based recipes.