Spicy Fishball and Pork Mince Rice Noodle Soup is a dish prepared with round rice noodles served on a pork, shrimp and squid stock.
- 6 portions round rice noodles
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 250g fish balls
- 250g minced pork
- chopped spring onions
- crispy fried garlic
- fish sauce
- 6 to 8 cups of soup base (see below)
- 3 eggs
- chilli oil
- 3 pcs dried squid
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cups homemade chicken and pork stock
- 4 cups homemade shrimp stock
- 6 tbsp crispy fried onions
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- ground white pepper
- Scramble the eggs then fry in a non-stick pan until fully cooked. Remove egg from pan then thinly slice it, set it aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a grill charcoal or gas, grill dried quid and red onion until charred
- In a pot add remaining all soup base ingredients together with the charred squid and onion, bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a muslin cloth drain soup into a separate pot then add the fish balls and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water.
- Place a portion of the noodles, spinach and sliced eggs in a soup bowl garnished with chopped spring onions and crispy fried garlic.
- Season soup with fish sauce then pour on top of soup bowl with noodles. Add a generous amount of chilli oil then serve.