Chicken Curry Laksa is a noodle soup dish prepared with yellow noodles, chicken, curry puffs and boiled egg in a broth is made with special chilli paste and rich coconut milk.
- 500 g chicken thighs, cut into sections
- 300 g deep fried tofu
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml prawn stock
- 100 g beansprouts
- 4 boiled eggs sliced in half
- lime or lemon slices
- thick yellow noodles or wide rice noodles
- coriander, to garnish
- crispy fried shallots, to garnish
- fish sauce
- 4 medium red chillies, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 4 shallots, peeled
- 2 stems of lemon grass, outer layer removed and chopped
- 1 tsp galangal, chopped
- 4 pcs candlenut
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp water
- Gather all the paste ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend the ingredients until it forms a paste.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a separate pot add oil and the paste, stir fry for in medium heat until fragrant. Add chicken then lightly brown it on all sides.
- Add chicken stock, prawn stock and fish sauce (according to your taste) then bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk then simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Place the noodles in a bowl then pour laksa gravy. Mix in the beansprouts while gravy is hot.
- Top with sliced egg per bowl, deep fried tofu, coriander, crispy fried shallots and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Look so delicious!
Looks good! Gosh!!! You cooked it from scratch! Bravo! I would just use one of those instant pastes here – I’m so lazy.