Like many great recipes our post today was made by accident, a beautiful accident. One day our daughter was making some macarons as she always does, then she was challenged to make one in the shape of a bunny but she baked it in a wrong temperature, since the decals on our oven is getting erased due to extensive cleaning, she did not know that she had cooked it in a higher temperature which ended up in a cookie consistency. The result was good, in fact it was so good you will not realize it was a mistake, since then we tweaked the recipe and make it a legit cookie, so instead of using almond flour we swapped it with the normal all-purpose flour.
- Sift together confectioner’s sugar and flour then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites in high speed using a hand mixer.
- Once egg whites are frothy add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sugar then continue to beat in high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in the sifted flour and confectioner’s sugar to the egg white mixture, mix well.
- Add the mixture to the piping bag.
- Place a baking paper on a cookie pan then pipe down the mixture in a shape of a bunny or any shape you want, draw the eyes and mouth using a toothpick dipped in black food colour, draw the ears and cheeks using a toothpick dipped in pink colour, each piece should 1 inch in diameter at the max. Spacing between each cookie should be at least 1 inch well.
- Bake in a 140C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until light golden brown in colour.