Baked Scallops is an Italian inspired dish of baked fresh scallops topped with bread crumbs, butter, garlic, parsley and mozarella.
- 500 g scallops on shell
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from half lemon
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- olive oil
- diced butter
- 200 g buffalo mozzarella
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine together garlic, lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place scallops in a baking tray, top it with breadcrumbs then pour the lemon juice olive oil sauce on top.
- Top each scallop with some diced butter and buffalo mozzarella.
- Place scallops in the oven then bake for 10 minutes or until scallops are tender, crumbs are golden brown and mozzarella cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.