Last week I found this New Zealand Queen Scallops at our local supermarket for a really good price, it’s like less than NZ$20.00 per kilogram so I grabbed one even it was not on my shopping list. Now I have a problem since it was not on my menu of the week which means I did not have any plans on when I will cook them or how would I prepare them. So, for our recipe today I tried to make it with what I have available in my pantry and fridge at that moment, armed with just breadcrumbs, garlic, olive oil and some mozzarella I can prepare it Italian style and here is how I made it.
- 500 g scallops on shell
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from half lemon
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- olive oil
- diced butter
- 200 g buffalo mozzarella
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine together garlic, lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place scallops in a baking tray, top it with breadcrumbs then pour the lemon juice olive oil sauce on top.
- Top each scallop with some diced butter and buffalo mozzarella.
- Place scallops in the oven then bake for 10 minutes or until scallops are tender, crumbs are golden brown and mozzarella cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.