Okra with Garlic, Ginger and Green Onion is a simple vegetable dish of okra blanched and served with soy sauce infused with garlic, ginger and green onions
- 400 g okra, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic. minced
- 4 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 2 pcs dried red chillies, finely sliced
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Bring to a boil salted water then blanch okra until just cooked and still crisp, remove from pot then drain. Place drained okra in a serving platter.
- In a saucepan add sesame oil then sauté garlic and ginger.
- Add sugar let it caramelize a bit then pour the soy sauce and rice vinegar. Add a bit of water if you find it a bit salty. Bring to a boil then immediately turn heat off. Add the spring onions then toss.
- Pour sauce on top of okra then toss to distribute sauce evenly. Serve.