Creamy Courgette, Mushroom, Prawn & Bacon Pasta is a dish of crispy bacon, prawns, courgettes and mushroom served on a creamy sauce over pasta.
- 500 g packet spaghetti, undercook by two minutes according to packet instructions
- 2 pcs courgettes, sliced
- 300 grams prawns, shelled and deveined
- 150 g bottom mushrooms, sliced
- 6 streaky bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan add a small amount of olive oil then cook steaky bacon in medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan then set aside.
- Using the same pan add garlic and chilli flakes then sauté for 30 seconds.
- Bring heat to high, add the button mushrooms then continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Pour white wine and let it sizzle and boil.
- Add the courgettes and prawns, cook for a minute.
- Add the pasta, mix it well while gently adding cream and grated parmesan cheese. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the crispy bacon, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then squeeze lemon juice on top. Serve.