Corned Beef Spaghetti is a type of Filipino spaghetti prepared with canned corned beef instead of minced meats, other ingredients remain the same.
- 500 g spaghetti noodles
- 400 g canned corned beef
- 2 tbsp liver spread
- 1 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large bottle sweet style tomato ketchup or banana ketchup
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or tomato puree
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 big white onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to packet instructions.
- In heavy pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the corned beef then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, tomato puree, tomato paste, liver spread and beef stock. Stir then simmer for 20 minutes, add more water if needed.
- Season with pepper, salt and sugar (if you prefer it to be sweeter). Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Plate the noodles and top it with the sauce. Top it with grated cheese.