Matcha Macarons is a type of French macaron flavoured with matcha powder and filled with chocolate gananche.
- In a food processor or a blender (this is what my daughter used), grind together powdered sugar, almond powder, matcha powder and salt until there are no lumps. Sift mixture into a large bowl then set aside.
- Using a hand mixer beat egg white until it holds its shape, gradually add granulated sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the almond flour mixture into the beaten egg whites, mix it until its even and smooth. Place the mixture in a piping bag.
- Pipe the batter in a baking paper lined baking sheet, form 1 1/2-inch diameter circles spaced 1 inch apart.
- Strike or rap the baking sheet on a counter top few times to flatten the macarons and remove any air bubbles, let it stand for 30 minutes until top becomes shiny and “skin” forms and no longer wet on top.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are set. Let it cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.
- Prepare your filling, in a bowl combine all ganache ingredients, using a hand blender mix together until smooth.
- Spread the ganache on the inside of the macarons then sandwich them together. Place in an airtight container, refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.