Spring Onion Ginger Fish Fillets is a dish made with fish fillets gently stir fried on a sauce made with soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger and spring onions.
- 500 g white fish fillet (I used Basa on this recipe)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 12 thin slices of ginger, soaked in 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 2 bunches spring onion, cut into sections
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a non-reactive large bowl.
- Add the fish, toss to coat it evenly.
- Prepare a wok with enough oil for deep frying, heat to 180C then add the fish fillets one at a time. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the outsides are firm. Remove from wok then set them aside.
- In a small bowl, combine your sauce ingredients together until free of lumps.
- Prepare a separate wok, add a small amount of oil. Drain the ginger soaked in Chinese cooking wine then sauté it with garlic and spring onions. Pour the sauce bring it to a boil then gently add the fish. Toss gently to coat it with the sauce then cook for 3 to 5 more minutes or until the fish is cooked.