Hinanggup is a Karay-a dish of flaked broiled fish and/or fried dried anchovies, sliced onions, spring onions, tomatoes, and salt simply cooked in boiling water
- 6 sections of bangus/milkfish belly
- 3 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place fish on a greased oven grill pan skin side up, add 1 cup of water in the pan then place it in an oven with a grill setting. Grill on high heat for 8-10 minutes or until charred spots appear in the surface of the fish.
- Remove from oven, reserve the liquid from the pan.
- In a small soup pot add 4 cups of water and pour the reserved liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes, red onion and spring onion, continue to cook for one minute in medium heat.
- Roughly flake the fish then add it in the soup pot, put heat to low then continue to cook for two more minutes. Top up with boiling water if desired.
- Season with salt, squeeze lemon on top turn off heat then serve.