Chicken, Leeks and Mushoom Casserole
Another freestyle day today, now only using three main ingredients, chicken, leeks and mushroom. As simple as it gets but it definitely is a sure-fire winner. Armed with my single stalk leek and celery, plus some leftover mushroom all I need is a nice sauce to bring this to life, initially I was thinking of using some cream of mushroom but I want to use that on another dish so I just made my sauce with some chicken stock, white wine and a hint of cream, then enhancing that by browning my meat and dissolving those toasted bits on my sauce. The result was Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
- 1.25 kg chicken thighs (around 5-6 pcs thighs)
- 12 pcs farmers brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk leek, white and pale-green parts only, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups home-made chicken stock
- ¼ cup cream
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Season your chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a pan add olive oil then brown chicken on all sides, continue to cook for 10 more minutes. Remove from pan then set it aside.
- Add more olive oil then sauté garlic, leek, celery and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes. Stir in flour then continue for 2 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Pour home-made chicken stock and white wine bring to a slow boil then add the chicken back. Scoop sauce on top then cover your pan, cook in low heat for 15 more minutes.
- Stir in the cream then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, place on serving platter then serve.