Pork Scotch in Black Pepper Gravy is a dish of grilled pork scotch steaks smothered in slightly creamy and very peppery gravy.
- 8 pcs 1 1/2 in thick pork scotch steaks
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- Season your pork steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Rub a small amount of oil on the surface then grill steaks for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set is aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat gently melt the butter. Add the shallot and sauté until soft.
- Then add the peppercorn and brandy then bring to the boil.
- Add the beef stock then bring it up to a boil.
- Lower the heat to the lowest setting, add the cream then mix. Simmer slowly and make sure it does not boil, continue to heat the sauce until it is slightly thick this will take around 15 minutes, mixing every once in a while.
- Season with salt. Remove from heat.
- Place pork steaks on a serving platter then pour on top of the meat. Serve.