- In a saucepan melt butter then add the ham, cook slowly for 5 minutes in low heat. Add the sugar then continue to cook until it melts.
- Remove from heat then set it aside.
- In a stand mixer combine all bread ingredients, using the dough attachment process the dough and stir for 15 minutes, push the dough together once in a while. Add a bit of flour if it becomes sticky.
- Set aside the mixing bowl with the dough then place a damp towel on top and place in warm spot, leave it for an hour. It should be around 1.5 times the original size.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl, deflate then shape into a rectangle. Using a rolling pin flatten to 3/4 inch thick. Spread the sweet ham on top then roll the dough to form a long cylinder. Cut the dough into 6 sections then place side by side in a greased loaf pan. Set it aside then let it rise for another hour.
- Combine egg wash in a small bowl. After an hour the loaf would have doubles the size, brush the top of the loaf with egg wash then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 40 minutes or until fully baked.
- Remove from oven, let it cool then serve warm.