Inasal na Liempo is a grilled pork dish marinated in a mixture of calamansi, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, and coconut vinegar.
- 1kg pork belly, 3/4-inch-thick cuts
- ½ thumb sized ginger, peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 stalks lemongrass, white part
- 1½ cups coconut vinegar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp annatto powder
- ½ cup butter
- juice from 2 lemons
- ½ tsp salt
- In a food processor mix all marinade ingredients except for the baking soda.
- I an airtight container combine pork belly; marinade and the baking soda mix well while massaging the meat. Cover container then marinate for at least 6 hours.
- In a sauce pan mix together all basting ingredients and simmer in low heat for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare a charcoal grill then cook pork belly while occasionally basting it with the butter sauce until cooked.