Copycat Chubby’s Mexican Hamburger is a hamburger stuffed burrito on bed refried beans drenched in green pork chili sauce topped with cheddar cheese and chicharron
- 3 pcs 10-inch flour tortilla
- 500 g minced beef (30% fat)
- 1 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 head shredded lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- jalapeños, sliced
- freshly ground black
- chicharron with laman, chopped
Green Chilli Sauce
- 250 g fatty pork belly, finely cubed
- 1/3 cup pork fat drippings
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup jalapeno
- 1/2 cup green chillies
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 chicken cube
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Green Chilli Sauce
- In a food processor or a blender puree together diced tomatoes, green chillies, and the jalapenos, set it aside.
- In a pot add oil then brown the fatty pork belly.
- Add the onions and cook slowly until onions are soft. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, dried oregano, ground cumin and dried sage, sauté for a minute.
- Pour the 1 cups of chicken broth, water and pureed tomatoes, stir in the tomato paste then cook over low heat for an hour.
- While simmering the sauce, on a separate saucepan heat the pork fat drippings, add the flour and the chicken cube. Stir while slowly adding the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock until if forms into a roux.
- Now add the roux into the simmering sauce, mix it well then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your patty by seasoning the ground beef with salt and pepper then forming it into three patties.
- Pan fry the patty then set it aside.
- Place your tortilla on a flat surface, spread the 1/2 a cup of refried beans on each tortilla. Heat your tortillas in a pan that you can cover then top it with your hamburger patty, jalapenos, and shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla, seam side down then pour green chilli sauce on top, top with more shredded cheese.
- Place in oven to melt cheese then top with chicharron with laman, serve.