Nilagang Pasko is a dish prepared by slowly boiling whole chicken, whole pork belly, whole Chinese Leg Ham, whole Chorizo de Bilbao with vegetables
- 700 g pork leg (pata)
- 500 g pork belly (liempo)
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 300 g Chinese ham (jinhua ham)
- 1 pc large chorizo, sliced
- 3 ears of corn, cut into 3 sections
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 2 large white onions, quartered
- fish sauce
- In a pot add pork leg, pork belly, chicken thighs, Chinese ham, chorizo and whole peppercorns, fill it up with water then bring it to a boil. Simmer for one hour in low heat. Remove the chicken then set it aside, add the corn then continue to simmer in low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add the carrots, simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add the Chinese cabbage, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, season with fish sauce then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat off then serve.