Prawn, Vegetable and Sweet Potato Stir Fry
Have you used sweet potato on stir fries? Well I think for me this is the first time and I got this idea from the Chinese stir fries that uses potatoes like the Di San Xian (Fried Potato, Eggplant and Pepper in Garlic Sauce 地三鲜) or Shredded Potato (Qiang Chao Tu Dou Si 炝炒土豆丝), I thought while potatoes are good on stir fried as it gives an extra layer of texture, why not Sweet Potatoes so it adds a bit of edge by giving that sweet flavour and that’s what I tried to do on this freestyle dish today.
This colourful dish of Prawn, Vegetable and Sweet Potato Stir Fry is a simple stir fry of large plump and juicy prawns, with sweet potatoes, French beans, carrots and red onions in a savoury sweet and spicy sauce made with oyster sauce, sriracha and soy sauce. Like any other stir fries this dish goes well with freshly steamed jasmine rice or even a simple fried rice.
- In a wok heat oil then stir fry prawns until cooked, around 90 seconds. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add sweet potatoes and stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add French beans and red onions then stir fry for 1 minute.
- In a bowl combine chicken stock, oyster sauce and sriracha, bring heat to high then simmer until sauce is reduced while continuously stirring., roughly 1 minute
- Season with salt, remove from wok then serve.