Deep Fried Crispy Tofu is a simple dish of cubed tofu deep fried to have a very crispy shell and moist soft insides, usually served with a dip of soy sauce and or vinegar.
- 2 blocks firm tofu, cut into three sections
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- oil for deep frying
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- Drain your tofu, gently press between two flat chopping blocks to remove excess water. Dry it with paper towel then coat it with cornstarch.
- In medium high heat, add enough oil in the wok for deep frying, add a toothpick and once it stops bubbling then you are ready to cook your tofu.
- Cook tofu in hot oil while occasionally stirring until golden brown. Remove from oil, drain well then place on serving platters.
- Prepare you dip by combining all dip ingredients together in a small dipping sauce bowl, serve with tofu.