Chinese Cabbage with Pork Belly and Tofu in Pork Stock
I love soups, I so love it for me a meal is not complete without it. Like vegetable dishes I am in constant find for new recipes with soups and every time I get hold of a Chinese restaurant menu, I take note of the soups they offer and that’s where our recipe came from today. While we haven’t ordered this one from the menu I got it from the name of the soup sorts gives you an idea on h ow it is prepared. Chinese Cabbage with Pork Belly and Tofu in Pork Stock, a simple dish of thinly sliced pork belly cooked with tofu and Chinese cabbage in a rich clear pork stock.
- In a soup pot add a small amount of oil then sauté ginger and shallots.
- Add the pork belly and continue to cook until slightly brown on the edges.
- Add the dried shrimp and cook until fragrant then pour the chicken stock, bring it to a boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the Napa cabbage then continue to boil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the spring onions and soft tofu then continue to simmer for 3 minutes. Season with fish sauce and white pepper.
- Place in bowls then serve.