Wok Seared Steak & Shrimp is a dish of sirloin beef and large shrimps stir fried with potatoes, snap peas, bell peppers, onions and a Chinese-inspired steak sauce.
- 350 g beef sirloin
- 350 g large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 large potatoes, cubed
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients, mix well then set aside.
- In a bowl combine Beef Marinade ingredients together, add the beef and toss to coat beef pieces evenly. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine all potato coating ingredients together then toss in the potatoes. Set it aside.
- Heat up your wok to the highest possible setting, add small amount of oil just to cover the surface of the whole wok. Let it smoke then add the beef pieces and sear on very high heat for 1 to 2 minutes charring both sides. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Add more oil, put heat to medium high then add the potatoes. Stir fry until golden brown on the edges, remove from wok then set it aside.
- Remove all but one tablespoon of oil in the wok. Put back the heat on its highest setting then stir fry red capsicum, red onion and ginger paste for a minute.
- Add the sugar snap peas then continue to stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add back the beef and potatoes, together with the prawn. Stir fry for a minute.
- Pour the prepared sauce, let it boil, stir fry to combine and cook for a minute. Remove from wot then serve while hot.