Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce
Most of the times I am so organized that I have a shopping list based on the menu I will be serving at home for a week’s period, this ensures that I don’t buy anything that I would not really use. Sometimes that is not the case specially when I am so busy or lazy which ends up in a “pick whatever you want” in the supermarket aisle, not a good practice as you tend to pay more than what you usually do, plus you will have random things you never know how to prepare together.
It was one of those days where I randomly picked some produce because they look fresh, nice or cheap and that gave me this thick cut shoulder chops which was nicely marbled, some medium sized spinach and a cheap bottle of white wine.
Now it’s just a matter of preparing them in one dish and make something delicious out of it, which brings me to this menu we have today. A simple pan fry of pork shoulder chops served in a sauce made with white wine, cream, garlic and wilted spinach.
- 6 pcs pork shoulder chops, fat on thick cut
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Season your pork shoulder chops with paprika, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare a pan, add some olive oil then pan fry the Pork Shoulder Chops for 4-5 minutes on each side or until pork is cooked though. Remove from pan then set aside.
- Using the same pan, add some butter then sauté the garlic and onions. Add the chillies then stir fry until fragrant. Add the oregano and basil, give it a mix then pour the white wine. Bring it to a boil and reduce it a bit.
- Add the cream and simmer gently, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach, cook until wilted, add in the pork shoulder chops then scoop the sauce on top making sure it all covered with the cream sauce.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top, let it melt. Place on serving platters then serve.