Pork Meatball Spinach Soup is a simple dish of pork meatballs cooked in a chicken broth with spinach and glass noodles.
- 700 g minced pork, 25% fat
- 4 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Prepare a large pan, place on stove top then heat the oil.
- In a bowl combine all meatball ingredient together (apart from the oil), form into small ball shapes then lightly pan fry until meatballs are light brown in colour. Set everything aside.
- Prepare a pot, add a bit of oil you used for frying the meatballs then sauté the garlic, ginger and white parts of the spring onions.
- Add the meatballs, pour the chicken stock then bring it to a gentle boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the glass noodles and spinach, season with fish sauce and ground white pepper then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat then serve while hot.