Di San Xian is a Chinese stir fry dish of Eggplant, Potatoes and Peppers seasoned with Chinese cooking wine, soy sauce and a bit of sugar.
- 3 long Asian eggplants, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- In a bowl add the potatoes and dust it lightly with tapioca starch. Set it aside.
- In a wok heat enough oil for deep frying then deep fry potatoes until crisp on the outside. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Quickly deep fry the red and yellow capsicums until it blisters, remove from wok then set is aside.
- Remove all but 2 tbsp of oil from the wok then pan fry the eggplants on each side until its lightly brown. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients, set it aside.
- Using the same wok, sauté garlic and scallions, pour the sauce then let it thicken. Add and toss the vegetables, season with salt then serve.