Abra Miki is a type of noodle soup dish prepared with miki noodles on a rich pork and chicken stock colured with annatto seeds and topped with cripsy pork and egg.
- 1 1/2 litres water
- 1 kg pork bones
- 1 kg chicken frames
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp bagoong monamon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp annatto powder
- 500 g flat egg noodles (miki), cooked according to packet instructions
- 500 g bagnet, chopped
- 2 dozen quail eggs
- 2 stalks spring onions, sliced
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add pork bones and chicken frames then slightly brown them on both sides.
- Pour water then bring it to a boil, add bagoong monamon then simmer in low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Using a sieve pour the soup stock into a clean pot.
- Remove the meat from the bones then put it back into the pot with the soup stock. Separate 1 cup of stock in a small bowl, dilute annatto powder in this bowl then pour it back into the soup then continue to simmer in very low heat, season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place noodles in bowls, add six quail eggs pour some soup with meat then top it with chopped bagnet and spring onions. Serve while hot with chillies and vinegar.