Crispy Crablets basically are baby crabs where its shell is not as tough as its larger counterparts, similar thickness to prawns, hence when it is deep fried it will be really crispy and edible.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, flour, baking soda, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the crablets then toss to lightly coat. Drizzle lime juice then give it another gentle mix.
- Prepare a deep fryer or a large wok with oil, heat to 180C then deep fry crablets for 4-5 minutes if using fresh, 7-8 minutes if you are using frozen ones.
- Remove from the fryer, drain excess oil. Place in a bowl then add the finely green chopped chillies. Toss then serve.
- Note: If you want them extra crispy then fry them for the second time after cooling it down, quickly dip it on a 180C oil for 1 to two more minutes or until golden brown.