Cabbage Vegetable Soup os what others call Cabbage Diet Soup is a dish of cabbage and other vegatebles sauteed and cooked with rich broth.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup minced pork
- 6 pcs shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and diced
- 6 cups good chicken stock
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium starchy potato, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium leeks, white parts only and chopped
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a soup pot heat olive oil then sauté garlic, onions, carrots, celery and leeks.
- Add minced pork and shiitake then continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potato, thyme and chicken stock then bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in cabbage and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stir in the vinegar then serve.