Beef Cheeks in Red Wine with Creamy Mashed Potatoes is a dish of slow cooked beef cheeks in red wine and vegetable gravy served on top of mashed potatoes.
- Season the beef cheeks with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan, add olive oil then brown beef cheeks on all sides. Remove the beef cheeks then set it aside.
- Add oil if needed then sauté the garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Cook in medium heat until it starts to sweat.
- Place the sautéed vegetables in a slow cooker then place the beef cheeks on top then pour the beef stock and wine. Add the bay leaves and thyme.
- Set the slow cooker in Low for 8 hours or High for 6 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf, gently set aside the beef cheeks. Using a hand blender puree the braising liquid into a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce in a sauce pan then simmer and reduce to a gravy consistency in medium low heat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Prepare a serving platter, put a generous scoop of mashed potatoes, top with the beef cheeks, pour gravy on top then serve.