Seafood Pan Roast is a dish of mixed seafood like Squid, Prawns, Fish and Mussels cooked in a creamy boozy sauce made with cream, white wine and Pernod,
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp Pernod
- 1/2 cup clam stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp good butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 dozen large New Zealand green lipped mussels
- 1 large snapper filet, cubed
- 15 pcs large prawns
- 3 pcs squid tubes, sliced
- In a pot boil the clam stock then add the mussels, cover the pot then cook in medium heat until the mussels open up. Pour the liquid in a small bowl then remove the mussels from its shells then set both aside.
- In a pan melt the butter then sauté garlic and shallots, cook in low heat until shallots are soft.
- Turn the heat to high then pour the white wine and Pernod, let it boil.
- Add the reserved clam stock, remaining sauce ingredients except for the cream then simmer in medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the snapper, prawns and squid tubes then cook in high heat for three minutes.
- Add the mussels and stir in the cream, bring to a boil season with salt then turn heat off. Serve.
Looks decadently delicious! Thanks Raymund for all your recipes. I’ve tried to save them all! Much appreciated.
You are much welcome! Thanks for the support as well
Good dish! I used to have this at the original Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station. Loved it! Your version looks perfect — thanks.