Ginataang Talong at Baboy is a simple dish of pork belly and eggplants cooked slowly cooked in coconut milk infused with chillies, garlic and onions.
- Season pork with salt, set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a wok add oil then add pork pieces, brown pork pieces on all sides then set it aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions on the same wok then add the pork back, pour water and half of the coconut milk, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 35 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, bring to a boil then add the eggplants and green finger chillies. Simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes or until eggplants are tender. Sauce will be thicker at this stage and become oily.
- Pour the coconut cream and simmer in low heat for 5 more minutes. Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.