Ginataang Talong at Baboy
Ginataang Talong at Baboy is a simple dish of pork belly and eggplants cooked slowly cooked in coconut milk infused with chillies, garlic and onions. Dishes like this are one of those dishes you are so tempted just to eat bare hands on banana leaf with rice, add some fried fish on the side then this becomes one heavenly dish. Its savoury, creamy and full of texture, the coconut curry sauce on warm rice is just a nice feeling on your hands as well as your mouth.
- Season pork with salt, set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a wok add oil then add pork pieces, brown pork pieces on all sides then set it aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions on the same wok then add the pork back, pour water and half of the coconut milk, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 35 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, bring to a boil then add the eggplants and green finger chillies. Simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes or until eggplants are tender. Sauce will be thicker at this stage and become oily.
- Pour the coconut cream and simmer in low heat for 5 more minutes. Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.