Sliced Steak With Caramelized Onion Gravy
Nothing can beat a perfectly cooked steak, it’s easy to prepare, simple to cook and one of the most satisfying dishes you can ever have. Pair it with some great gravy then you have one amazing dinner sorted. Like the colour black which can be easily paired with almost every colour, same thing with steak it is basically easy to pair it with different types of gravy. The traditional one, the creamy one, the lemony one, the peppery one, the buttery one, you name it, it will match it. Hence today we are preparing a different type of gravy something mildly sweet and hints our sourness, its savoury and oniony, the Caramelized Onion Gravy.
- In a pan melt butter in low heat. Add the onions and garlic then cook in low heat while covered for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sugar and salt then put heat to medium, continue to cook onions while constantly stirring until it turns golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the beef stock then bring to a boil, simmer in high heat until sauce thickens. Stir in the vinegar then set gravy aside.
- Season you steak with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then cook it according to your desired doneness. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak, spoon gravy over steak then serve.