Sinigang na Salmon Belly at Hipon is a soup dish of Large meaty prawns and Fatty Salmon Belly cooked ina savoury sour tamarind broth.
- If using Tamarind pulp, separate the 2 cups of water from the 1 litre. Boil this together with the tamarind pulp until pulp is loose and melted. Strain the liquid to extract the juice then set this aside. Continue to next step if not using Tamarind Pulp.
- In a pot add onions, chillies, tomatoes and radish then pour water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add shrimps, salmon belly and tamarind mix (if using), simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper