Bubur Ayam is a type of Indonesian chicken congee cooked with Indonesian spices then served with spring onions, crispy fried shallots, tongcai, cakwe, kicap manis and kerupuk
- In a pot add a small amount of oil then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Pour chicken stock and add the rice then bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the flaked chicken thigh into the pot then continue to cook for 5 more minutes, add water if necessary, according to your preference
- Season with fish sauce and ground white pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with spring onions and crispy fried shallots. In a small sauce bowl combine kecap manis and birds eye chillies then serve it as a condiment