Spicy Buttered Steak and Mushroom Bites
Butter, Steak and Mushroom what more can you ask for, this is the trinity of appetizers, combining them together will definitely be a sure fire hit at your dinner table. A dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, mains or even as cocktails to enjoy with your favourite ice-cold beer.
It’s no rocket science in preparing this all you need is a good pan that can handle heat very well and your off to make a really good dish. A simple preparation of good steak cut quickly seared together with mushrooms then infused with butter, chillies and garlic. Mmmmmmmm!
- 700 g beef sirloin, rib eye or tenderloin, cubed
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 6 tbsp butter
- Generously season steak with salt and freshly ground black pepper then let it rest for 15 minutes in room temperature.
- Place a heavy skillet in high heat then add a bit of oil, place steak and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet then let it rest for 5 minutes in a plate.
- In a large sauce pan add a bit of oil, minced garlic and chili flakes, cook in low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the steak back together with any juices then mix well to combine with the mushrooms. Cook for a minute while constantly tossing.
- Add the butter, let it melt, mix to coat beef pieces. Turn off heat then serve.