West Lake Beef Soup is a Chinese soup dish prepared with ingredients such as minced beef, tofu, shiitake mushrooms, egg whites and coriander.
- 1 1/2 cup tightly packed minced beef (15% fat)
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- In a bowl combine all beef ingredients and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare boiling water, then blanch the minced beef for 3 minutes in very high heat. Drain then set it aside.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup of beef stock, mix it well then set it aside.
- In a large pot pour the beef stock, add the beef, shiitake mushrooms and ginger. Bring to a boil then let it slowly simmer in low heat for 10 minutes. Add the tofu then continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the diluted cornstarch then let the soup thicken.
- Gently pour the egg white slowly while continuously mixing.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper then add chopped coriander just before serving.