Palitaw sa Latik is a type of glutinous rice cake cooked in sweetened coconut milk then topped with toasted coconut milk curds.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl combine rice flour and water mix well by hand until smooth dough is formed.
- Pinch a piece of dough then form them into small balls, flatten and stretch into quarter inch thick oval disc. Set it aside.
- In a small pot combine coconut milk and coconut cream together, bring to a boil then lower heat to medium. Continue to simmer while mixing until curds appear and liquid turns into oil, continue to cook until curds are brown in colour but not burned, separate oil and curds together. Set it aside.
- In a deep pan combine coconut milk and brown sugar, bring to a boil then drop each dough pieces and cook until it floats to the top, remove from pan then set it aside. Repeat this step until all palitaw pieces are cooked.
- Pour coconut cream then continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Arranged cooked palitaw on the plate, pour the sauce you used for cooking then top with latik (toasted coconut milk curds)