Butternut Squash and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Butternut Squash and Green Bean Stir-Fry is a simple dish of stir fried Butternut Squash and Green Beans seasoned with fermented shrimp paste, it’s a sure fire to tickle your palate. A dish of different textures and flavours, it can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish to meat and/or rice. If you want a vegan or vegetarian version you can opt out of the shrimp paste and use soy sauce and sea salt instead. A simple dish to prepare yet a very tasty treat, its sweet and creamy with hints of savoury.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 200 g green beans
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp bagoong
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- In a wok add oil stir fry butternut squash for 7 minutes.
- Add the green beans then continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and shallots then continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bagoong, mix well then drizzle a bit of water to give it some moisture. Cover the wok and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the honey, mix it well then turn of the heat and serve.