Mutya Ng Cavite is a rich and creamy thick soup prepared with Cavite’s ocean bounty like fish, mussels, prawns and crabs to name some, similar to chowder where it is cooked in a luscious cream sauce.
- 8 pcs large green lipped mussels, shell on
- 250 g shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 250 g squid, sliced
- 250 g fleshy fish, cubed (I used a mix of ling fish and salmon in this recipe)
- 150 g crab meat, flaked
- 50 g butter
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 4 cups clam stock
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- In a pot melt the butter in low heat then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the flour then mix it until it form a roux.
- Pour the stock slowly into the roux and mix well until free of lumps. Bring to a slow boil.
- Add shrimps, squid, crab meat and mussels, bring to a slow boil and simmer for additional 5 minutes
- Add fish and evaporated milk then simmer for additional 8 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper.