Manuk Kiarehan is a type of curry prepared with chicken, coconut milk, chillies, coriander and curry powder then infused with fermented black beans, a dish found in Davao thus curry has a lot of similarities with its Malaysian and Indonesian flavours
- 1 kg Chicken legs
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 pcs curry leaves
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp salted black beans, lightly mashed
- handful coriander (stems finely chopped and leaves separated)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- In a pot heat oil then brown chicken on all sides, remove from pot then set aside
- Add garlic and onion, sauté for 1 minute
- Add curry leaves and coriander stems then continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, carrots and chicken. Bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, chilli powder, black beans and coconut cream then simmer for 15 more minutes in low heat.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and fish sauce if necessary.