Chicken and Plantain Stew is a type of Cuban dish where Chicken and Plantains are slowly cooked in tomato sauce and white wine, a very simple yet tasty stew that you can enjoy over flatbread or white rice.
- Generously season your chicken with salt, set it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a pot heat olive oil then brown chicken pieces on all sides, remove from pot then set it aside.
- Add the garlic and onions then sauté on low heat, cook onions until soft.
- Add the chicken back then stir in the chopped tomatoes, wine, broth, paprika, cumin, oregano and sweet basil, bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the plantains then cook for 10 more minutes or until the plantains are tender and cooked, season with salt if needed then serve.